This is how I did it:
- Placed 120g flour (half wholemeal spelt and half white) into a bowl.
- Added 10g cocoa, 1/2 tsp of mustard powder, a pinch of sea salt and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Rubbed in 50g unsalted butter until a breadcrumb like consistency was achieved.
- Added 50g grated Cheddar cheese and mixed in.
- Added about 2 tbsp water bit by bit until the mixture was ready to be bought together in a ball but not wet - always quite difficult to judge in my experience.
- Rolled the dough out to about 6mm thick and cut 8 cm rounds out with a cutter reforming the offcuts into a ball and rolling again. I got 19 biscuits.
- Placed on a baking tray and baked for 12 minutes at 180C.
- Removed from the tray and left to cool on a wire rack.
The More Than Occasional Baker has picked B for this month's Alpha Bakes so I am going to submit these as B for Biscuits. This challenge is co-hosted alternately by Caroline Makes.