Thursday, 5 April 2012

I'm Back

Hooray. A bit of internet research revealed the possibility our mac wasn't dead after all. We pulled out plugs, held buttons down, put plugs back in AND it worked!!! Just a temporary blip and not the disaster we had assumed. Neither of us realised quite how much we depended on the computer until we didn't have it any more - the relief is great.

Thank you very much to everyone who left kind words and advice. The very first thing I did was back up. I do have an external hard drive, I just hadn't backed up for months. I will try and be more assiduous from now on.

11 comments:

  1. gulp - I still haven't backed up since your previous post - I have written it on my list of things to do! So glad to hear you have risen to the challenge of technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad it wasn't so serious and that you were able to get at your photos! Technology is awesome until it isn't ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JW, thank you. You are so right. And thanks for the Twitter phone tip which I really must get sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hurrah! welcome back :) Last time my computer died I didn't have anything backed up and lost all my photos, work, everything and it was absolutely heart breaking. Thanks for the reminder me to back up as I haven't done that for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear good news for once-brilliant-very happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was travelling back when this disaster was happening to you but I am so pleased that you are BACK with us!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails