Sunday, 1 April 2012

We Should Cocoa - the April Challenge

Well it seems that you all love the colour green. If you haven't seen the round-up yet, do hop over to Chele's blog and take a look. We've had a couple of tough challenges so I'm going to make this as easy or as hard as you like. One of the most interesting things I found from the savoury round-up, was just how well cheese paired up with chocolate - or so many of you reported! I think you can probably see what's coming. Yes, it's cheese and no it's not an April Fool.

There is a lot of scope here. If you're really keen, you could try something savoury again or be adventurous with goat's cheese in a sweeter creation. But keeping it simple with a good cheese frosting is absolutely fine. I was sort of regretting I'd already blogged about my chocolate cheesecake, but actually I'm looking forward to seeing if I can try for something a bit different - curd tart anyone?

It look's like the linky tool thing worked well, so I'm going to give it a go this month too. If it works equally well for me, we'll probably adopt it as the way forward. So, once you've posted, submit the link and a photograph to the linky tool at the bottom of this post. Do not e-mail your link unless you are having problems (which I'm hoping won't happen)!

Have fun :)


24 comments:

  1. I freaked out momentarily there ... but you are quite right, cream cheese is still cheese ;0)
    Woo hoo, bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, I was hoping for a bit of excitement - even if only momentarily.

      Delete
  2. Bring on the cheese. Another top challenge I feel. I shall be in Cornwall next week so may try and incorporate something Cornish!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh where are you going Laura? Hope we have good weather for you. Lots of lovely cheese though, whatever the weather.

      Delete
  3. We are most definitely being kept on our toes Choclette- can't wait to see all the inventive chocolatey-cheesy creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well can't have you all getting bored. Think I might have to do a bit of toe stretching on this one!

      Delete
  4. Well if it can work for the cadbury's/ Philadelphia people then why not us!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can do better than cadbury's - I know we can :-S

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Indeed Sue, you can do just about anything with Marscapone - I love the stuff :)

      Delete
  6. Another brilliant challenge - sweet cheese and chocolate I can do, savoury was much harder. PS I don't see a linky tool yet - will that come up later? (not that I have anything to link yet of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The linky tool had a bit of a blip, but it's there now. Thought you were a bit quick off the mark -I put it down to the chocolate rush!

      Delete
  7. Not sure why but I keep thinking about Wallace and Grommit, (love those 2!)...but cheese and chocolate...well yes! (think there might be some decadent entries for this one). AND I like the linky thing too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, do you think I should invite Wallace and Grommit to take part? I think I have their book on cheese recipes somewhere! Just crossing fingers the linky thing works properly.

      Delete
  8. Right, I am DEFINITELY remembering to do the linky thing this time. And chocolate and cheese - a doddle (*scratches head, looks concerned*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it's a doddle (*rolls eyes, shrugs shoulders*)

      Delete
  9. tee hee, I am tempted to post a picture of my rather dismal green failure (I never actually made the chocolate filling for them cos they looked so odd!)

    I WILL do better and have a proper go this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I missed your attempt at green - what did you do?

      Delete
  10. LOVE this challenge! And I already have ideas swirling around in my head. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with because cheese is so dear to my heart and who wouldn't want to combine it with chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always have ideas swirling around in your head JW - look forward to seeing which one comes to fruition.

      Delete
  11. BRILLIANT! I LOVE it, and as a WSC entrant that used cheese last time, I am UP for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I knew I could rely on you :)

      Delete
  12. Dammit I missed the deadline. If it's not too late, I'd love to enter these which use mascarpone! http://thebotanicalbaker.wordpress.com/recipes/plants-2/cacao/caramel-chocolate-cups/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Argh, me too - no linky list fun for me either! But here's my entry: http://tinyurl.com/d7svpka

    (it's worth it, honest!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails