Saturday, 1 September 2012

We Should Cocoa, Two Years Old, going on Three - the September Challenge

Can you believe it? We Should Cocoa has done a stunning two years, that's a total of 24 monthly chocolate challenges - wow! I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who has entered during this time and made it such a fabulous event. We've had so many creative, tasty and beautiful entries submitted over these two years. I wish I had enough time in my life and space in my stomach to sample them all. I'd like to give special thanks to the We Should Cocoa stalwarts who contribute on a regular basis, in particular those who were there for the very first challenge over at Chocolate Teapot:
While I'm in grateful mood, I'd also like to express my gratitude to those that have guest hosted some of the challenges and have done such a wonderful job of managing the event:
  • Laura of How to Cook Good Food chose Almonds
  • Lucy of The KitchenMaid chose such a popular ingredient she had to do her round-up in two parts Coffee 1 and Coffee 2
  • Janice of Farmersgirl Kitchen hosted last month's challenge which was Cherries. If you haven't seen the round-up, do check it out.
Here's one I made earlier ;-)
So, as it is a birthday month for We Should Cocoa and it rolls into its third year, I'm hoping you will all join us in celebration and create something chocolatey that is inspired by a cocktail. Now, don't panic. This doesn't have to be a cocktail, although it could be, it doesn't have to contain alcohol, though it could do, it doesn't even have to be the flavours of a specific cocktail, just something that conjures up cocktails for you.

Now, whilst everyone is giving themselves a headache wondering what on earth to do for this month's challenge, I am hoping to be lounging around drinking cocktails myself - if CT behaves himself, he might get one or two. Well that's probably only figuratively speaking, but I am going away on holiday for a whole week - to the Scilly Isles no less and should be well on the way by the time anyone reads this post. So, in absentia, I raise a glass to you all.

Apologies for the annoyance caused, but I am re-instating word verification on blog comments for the time being. I am being inundated by spam and can no longer cope with the sheer volume. I might try turning it off again in a few weeks time to see if the break stops the comments.

21 comments:

  1. Asses, happy birthday to we should cocoa! It was the first blogging challenge I really got my teeth into and I still think it's brilliant (though I blame it for my clothes being somewhat tighter than they were two years ago. The hazards of blogging, eh?)
    So congratulations to you and Chele and thanks for letting me babysit. I'll do it again, any time. Love the idea of a choc cocktail. I had a boyfriend once who made amazing choc martinis... But that's another story. Enjoy your hols and hope the spambots get the message xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, I didn't mean to write asses! It was supposed to say, 'awwww'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, at the 'asses' :) This is one challenge I can sure get my teeth... err, tongue? into. Congratulations on finishing two and may year number three be just as chocolatey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely holiday. I am very jealous of the location. Happy birthday WSC. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the almost 3 years! That's a wonderful effort and of course a pleasure for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you think of all those recipes over 3 years, wow! What a book that would make. I will get my thinking cap on...and have a lovely holiday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your two years. Have a great holiday, sounds like it'll be very nice indeed. Your drink looked quite nice, I could just go for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats... two years... fabulous... COCKTAILS!!!!!!! wooo hoo or as The KitchenMaid says 'asses' i'm gonna be happy making something for this baby!!!!

    or and yes, I am getting SOOOOOOO much spam now, it is so dull was also thinking of going back to the dreaded captcha! let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a lovely holiday! This one is certainly a challenge - I never, ever drink cocktails and know nothing about them... Thanks for the mention though, I remember thinking what I could do for the first one... seems ages ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to WSC!! And what a brilliant choice of theme to celebrate!! I just happened to make something that will fit in with the challenge perfectly… I might make more than one entry though, baking cocktail-inspired things seems to be a bit of a speciality of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to celebrate! Two whole years huh - well done everyone ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow doesn't time fly!? Happy birthday to WSC and all its participants! And congratulations to you and Chele for coming up with the idea and being fab hosts. I am intrugued by the choc cocktail theme, but don't know If I will get to participate. I will be sure back to check out the submissions though. Enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOODNESS! Time flies when chocolate is involved obviously! GREAT challenge, and I DO love WSC - it was my first ever blog challenge! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! time does fly, I can remember the last birthday. I'm liking this challenge! Have a lovely holiday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! What fun! Two years of chocolate bliss! And the beat goes on ... keep it up, Choclette!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Has a whole year gone by? I remember really well baking for the 1st anniversary of this wonderfully chocolatey challenge! Thank you for all your hard work in creating such a much loved blogging event and enjoy your hols!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmmm that is a challenge - I don't bake with much alcohol because we usually share with sylvia - but I do have a few cocktails that I used to drink many years ago that might inspire some baking if I have the time to be creative. Fingers crossed as WSC often is fantastic inspiration.

    And I am very sympathetic to your plight with the spam - I am finding that I get lots of annoying spam - don't people have a life of their own to live - grrrrrr! Hope this helps - will be interested to hear as maybe I should put on the word verification too

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday to we should cocoa! It's the first blogging challenge I ever entered and it's also my birthday this month so I will be celebrating with WSC. I already know what I'm going to bake which will hopefully fit into a few other challenges as I love multi-challenge recipes :) Hope you are enjoying your cocktail in the sun (I hope!) Have another one for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheers m'dear! It was a pleasure to be guest host to such a popular challenge. I start to think about chocolate cocktails very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First up have a fantastic holiday I am guessing the weather is pretty good as it is great here at the mo! Secondly, Many Happy Returns for We Should Cocoa. What a challenge and one I dearly love to enter. Thank you also for asking me to guest host which I was quite nervous about. Thankfully everyone was very good to me and I loved being involved.
    So, onto cocktails. That shouldn't be a problem just a pleasure :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two years? It doesn't seem that long ago. Time really flies when you're eating chocolate. Cocktails - now, that's an interesting challenge. I've got a shaker somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails