This is how I made them:
- Creamed 190g unsalted butter with 175g dark muscovado sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sieved in 180g wholemeal spelt flour and 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- Added 100g rolled oats and stirred to combine - with difficulty as the mixture was quite dry.
- Put just over half the mixture into a 9'' square mould and pressed it flat to cover the mould. I realised at this point that I didn't really have enough mixture to do this in such a large container (although I did increase Laura's quantities very slightly). Next time I will increase the quantities further.
- Spooned in a jar of mincemeat - about 300g to cover the base.
- Added a small egg to the last part of the dough mixture to make it go a little further and spread more easily.
- Spread this on top of the mincemeat.
- Baked at 170C for 30 minutes.
- Allowed to cool, dusted with icing sugar, then cut into 16 slices.
What mincemeat recipes would you recommend?
Cookin w/ Luv.