Tuesday, 1 January 2013

We Should Cocoa - the January Challenge

Well, We Should Cocoa had a wonderful Christmas induced cinnamon blow-out for December and I'm desperate to have a go at making all of the fabulous entries received. Like most of my resolutions, I expect I won't achieve it, but the thought is a happy one. Still, the theory is that we should all be over-indulged enough by now and wanting to take a healthier path. I certainly feel that I might have had just a bit, er, too much sugar.

So the challenge this month is not an easy one, but hopefully it is interesting. The remit is to come up with something that contains chocolate but is sugar-free and that includes the chocolate too. By sugar-free, I actually mean the standard sugar that we all love so much, cane sugar and beet sugar. Any other type of sugar such as fructose or honey is fine. You have maple syrup, malt, agave, date syrup and many more I won't have thought of. You could, of course, go savoury. For chocolate, you could use cocoa powder, cocoa nibs, 100% unsweetened chocolate or diabetic chocolate. For some inspiration, or maybe not, take a look at the raw chocolates I made a couple of years ago.

 I look forward to being dazzled by your collective creativity. 

I also wish you a very 
Happy, Healthy and Creative New Year

17 comments:

  1. An excellent challenge! I shall get my thinking cap on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I'm pretty much spent on all things sweet after the Christmas deluge of goodies. Think I've got a basic idea already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting challenge. Should like to participate. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun challenge!
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessss! I have definitely had too much of many good things and this will be a great challenge for January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh this will be a toughie! But count me in for all 12 WSC's this year! Am off to get my thinking cap on now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'm off to thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that IS a hard one! But I'd expect nothing less. Looking forward to lots of WSC fun with you in 2013 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm, maybe I should consider taking a challenge again ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent idea, I've got a couple of vegan raw food books I'm going to use as inspiration for this one to make it even healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this challenge! i will think something!
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT theme Choclette! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great challenge Choclette, right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooo!! Great challenge, will need a bit of research I feel but defo count me in :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Will I be disqualified for adding a layer of dark chocolate to something if it's not 100% unsweetened? I have a pretty good idea for something using only cocoa powder but I just don't think the pony will go for it unless I up the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm making mine tonight... so excited and hopefully you will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Argh, I really wanted to join in with this but January has just disappeared and I wont get it done before the 25th. I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails