This is how I made:
Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake
- Melted 50g dark chocolate (85% Green & Black's) in a bowl over hot water.
- Mashed the two bananas in another bowl.
- Creamed 50g unsalted butter with 125g soft brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter.
- Stirred in the melted chocolate.
- Beat in the mashed bananas and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Beat in one duck egg.
- Folded in 125g sifted flour (half wholemeal spelt, half white) and 1 spare tsp baking powder.
- Spooned into the cake mould filling it to just over 3/4 full. I also had enough left over to fill a mini loaf mould.
- Baked at 185C for 25 minutes until well risen.
- Left to cool in the moulds, then turned out.
- Drizzled the chocolate bar cake with Atkins & Potts buttery toffee dipper and the mini cake with the dark chocolate dipper.
Franglais Kitchen and Laura of How to Cook Good Food.