This is how I made:
- Made up a small pot of strong filter coffee (Pura fuerte) and left to cool.
- Weighed 100g wholemeal spelt flour and 100g of plain white.
- Poured the flour into a food processor and added a scant teaspoon of baking powder.
- Added 100g vanilla (caster) sugar and 100g unsalted butter.
- Pulsed until the mixture resembled breadcrumbs.
- Added 3 tbsp of the coffee and pulsed again.
- Tipped the mixture into a bowl and brought it together with my hands to form a ball.
- Placed in a plastic bag and left overnight in my cool kitchen (1/2 hr in the fridge would be fine).
- Rolled the biscuit mixture out to just under 1/4 cm thickness.
- Cut out heart shapes.
- Re-rolled off cuts and carried on cutting until all the pastry was used up and I had 40 biscuits.
- Placed on 2 baking trays lines with silicone mats and baked for 10 minutes at 180C.
Whipped Coffee Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Brewed up a cafetiere of filter coffee (Pura fuerte).
- Melted 50g milk chocolate (40%) in a bowl over hot water.
- Added 40ml of coffee to the bowl one third at a time stirring hard after each addition until all was incorporated and smooth.
- Added 90ml double cream and stirred until incorporated.
- Placed in the fridge for three hours.
- Used electric beaters to whip the ganache until peaks formed.
- Spread the ganache over half of the biscuits and sandwiched the remaining biscuits on top, which made 20.
Dolly Bakes and Laura Loves Cakes. The theme this month is, strangley, lurve!
Homemade by Fleur. Fleur has a teapot and mugs Red Cornishware set which I am very keen to get my hands on and which she is giving as a prize to whoever Holly (of GBBO fame) thinks has put in the best entry - fingers crossed!
Made with Love Mondays.
Blue Kitchen Bakes has the theme of ganache this month, so I am making my debut entry with my whipped coffee and chocolate ganache.