This is how I made:
Victoria Plum and White Chocolate Cake
- Halved and stoned 8 Victoria Plums
- Whisked 4 medium eggs with 240ml sunflower oil, 225g cardamom (caster) sugar and the grated zest of an organic orange with electric beaters for a couple of minutes until thick and creamy.
- Sifted in 260g flour (half wholemeal, half white), 1 level tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda. Folded in until just combined.
- Stirred in 50g chopped vanillary white chocolate (G&B).
- Scraped batter into a 9" sq silicone cake mould then placed the plum halves, skin side up, on top. Pressed them into the batter slightly.
- Baked at 180°C for 35 minutes when the cake was well risen and a skewer inserted came out clean
- Allowed to cool, then mixed 1 tsp cinnamon with 2 tsp icing sugar and sifted over the cake.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Cook'd. Do try it if you can - there might even be prizes for those taking part.