Sunday, 1 September 2013

We Should Cocoa #37 - the September Challenge


Hooray, We Should Cocoa is three today.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who has participated over the last year; this would not be the remarkable event it is without you and your astounding creativity. I'd also like to thank this year's guest hosts who have done such a wonderful job of devising themes, shepherding the entries and then corralling them in the round-up. These brave souls have helped to keep the We Should Cocoa challenge going.
We bid a sad farewell to WSC co-creator Chele of The Chocolate Teapot who has now retired from blogging. Without her this challenge would never have happened and nor would we have this logo. Thank you Chele.

So what of this month's theme? Inspired by the recent first episode of the Great British Bake Off (series 4), I am challenging you all to come up with your very own Chocolate Show Stopper Cake. For those who have not seen GBBO, I'm asking for a chocolate cake that is fit to be the centrepiece of a We Should Cocoa anniversary party. Be as over or under stated as you like, make it as large or as small as you like, but the predominant flavour must be chocolate and it must be one cake.

Here's my top ten. They may not be everyone's idea of showstoppers, but I was rather pleased with them.

Easter Guinness Cake
Easter Guinness Cake

Hazelnut Apple Chocolate Cake
Hazelnut Apple Chocolate Cake

Orange Cardamom Chocolate Cake
Orange Cardamom Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Fudge Cake
Four Bar Chocolate Fudge Cake

Chocolate Matcha Cake
Triple Layer Chocolate Matcha Cake

20 comments:

  1. Sad to here of Chele retiring...adios amigo.

    Not sure I can compete with yours they are all so amazing :-)

    Lovely challenge this month...I bet Dom enters his recent winning show stopper. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are some serious showstoppers right there! A worthy theme for a third anniversary, and I'm so proud to have brought a tiny minty contribution to the cause! All the best to Chelle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing amazing amazing. Happy Third birthday. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to WSC! I was just planning a chocolate showstopper for something else so this is perfect timing! Sad to say good bye to Chele but pleased to hear you are continuing with WSC. All your cakes look amazing especially the praline one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to WSC! Sorry to hear Chele is blogging no more but she has left a blog challenge legacy in your capable hands. Chocolate Showstopper sounds like fun, but I can't promise anything, Sept is madness for me. It made me smile to see your wall feature in the majority of your cake photos, it needs it's own special feature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad that Chele has stopped blogging, but glad to have her as a friend and had the chance to spend time with her a couple of times. So glad the challenge is still running. I really look forward to drooling over the roundups even though I don't often take part.

    Happy Birthday We Should Cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday WSC! So sorry to hear that Chele will no longer be blogging. Looking forward to seeing a big round up of beautiful cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, WSC! This is one month that I will try soooo hard to make deadline! Chocolate cakes are such fun to make! Farewell to Chele; it is always sad to know that a blogger has moved on to other things, but boy, she helped create a wonderful blogging outlet for bakers worldwide by starting We Should Cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday WSC! I am sorry to learn that Chele has retired from blogging. I had wondered about her. I wish her well. I am thinking about my show-stopper for this month, it won't be as fantastic as Dom's amazing delight that is already added to the linky - amazing truly, but I will endeavour to do my best to bling it up somehow. Best of luck to you for continuing with WSC, need a host in the future, do e mail me. I'd love to host again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this theme! My only concern is that making one of these may result in eating most of the cake myself (which is what happened when I made chocolate fudge cake last week...)

    Happy anniversary, and it's sad to see Chele leaving the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 3rd birthday to you and sorry to heat about Chele retiring but I do hope that WSC will celebrate in style with this chocolate showstopper theme. I feel like I haven't entered for ages so this should be the one to have a go with again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. kudos to you for keeping the challenge going - I always enjoy it and can't believe it is now 3 years old. not sure if I will manage a cake as I have a busy month with vegan mofo but will have a think and if I can get inspired I would love to participate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 3rd Birthday! My..look at all those chocolate cakes! I am drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday and those cakes look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was awake at 5am this morning thinking up ideas for this! I can't wait! Congratulations to you on WSC's third birthday. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday. I shall be trying something special for you though your cakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pleased to be able to take part in this anniversary edition of We Should Cocoa. All of your cakes are lovely, Choclette!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday We Should Cocoa - it's a fab challenge that I end up joining in far less frequently than I'd like! What a fab selection of chocolate celebration cakes you've got to your name too - they all look amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy 3rd Birthday!! Sorry to see we're losing Chele.

    I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! I know my entry isn't exactly a "cake" but it's chocolate heaven...trust me :-)

    Definitely center-piece worthy!

    xx Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails